Wednesday, January 01, 1997

Out with the old and in with the new...


Okay. I've had some requests for Nova photos... maybe due to the name my blog. Honestly, it's been sitting... But you all know that. I only named this blog to differentiate my crazy adventures from the family stuff....

Okay, I guess there is work that can be done. (on a budget...) I'll share it as it goes...

From the archives:
This is the 230 cid straight six that came out of the Nova.
Wow that must have been about 13 years ago!




Here's the 283 small block we built to replace the tired inline.

I had it bored 30 over and balance the crank at Basko's in Tempe. Original valve covers with no breather or oil filler. We machined the high rise Edelbrock manifold for the retro oil filer neck. Four barrel carb, K&N airfilter, JetHot coated the block hugger headers and the intake.

Boy it was sweet when we fired it up, open headers, it was great!

the car was originaly blue and had a shinny paint job. Very bad, but shinny. There were several coats of clear coat, which over time would flake off in chunks. After an extra long trip at the high pressure car wash one day, a good portion of the paint blew off! I eventaully had to put some (spay can - don't tell anyone) primer on it. And, yeah I had to do that to make it look better.

Photos, 1996

No comments: