The best wife in all of Gilbert!... Okay... all of the world!!
A rare event.... me on the other side of the camera! Jack is pushing the shutter... He's quite the little photographer. Those of you who know me, know that I take at least 100 photos per week and keep them in folders... We Jack has his own folder with his own photos... I call his photo shoots the Jack walkabouts.
Is this photo thing genetic or environmental?.... I mean what is it that makes one like to take so many photos? I mean, I take lots of photos, my dad takes photos, my son has taken photos ever since he could walk....
Having asked that question, I have to throw a 'shout out' to my Dad in Albuquerque. We were visiting yesterday on the phone about taking photos. (My dad used to take photos of us when we were kids.... all on slides.... Kodachrome and Ektachrome. Wow, the resolution on those images is staggering...) Anyway... my dad mentioned to me that he has been sharing this blog with my cousin Carlos. I thought that was pretty cool.
It may have surprised my dad, but I said to him, "You mean Uncle Carlos's son?" I've never met my cousin Carlos, that I can recall anyway..... But I do know that my Uncle Carlos was a photographer for NASA.... As a very young kid, (5 years at most) I remember looking at 8 x10 glossy PR photos of Earth from the moon.... Real neat stuff! Anyway... I can only imagine that my Uncle Carlos took as many photos of his family.
Cheers Carlos! I remember your dad letting me drive his riding lawnmower when we went to visit them in Houston in 1979! We went the cabin by Corpus Christi and went fishing for crawfish. I was ten. I remember it like it was yesterday. How much you want to bet both of our dads have pictures?


No comments:
Post a Comment